Friday, September 15, 2006

Back on the board! For one day anyways...

Over the summer...it seemed that I had lost my passion for skateboarding, it was mostly due to me busting my nice deck by taking some stairs, and then my trucks and wheels being stolen. Then I had bought a new deck, and used some really old trucks and wheels, and that board wasn't nearly as nice as my other. So therefore I was kind of bummed, and I didn't skate much. Then over the summer I traveled so much that I never skated at all! So it's been about 3 months since I even stepped on my skateboard. But....my friend Kaleb called, and wanted me to come to the skate park, so I said ok. I had to go get my board from Caleb and Mandie's house though. But I was feeling pretty excited really! I hadn't skated in a while and I was excited to try and get back to it. Ha ha, it was funny cause when I showed up at their house to get my board, Mandie says "so, do you have any protective gear?" "no" " don't you think you need it?" "ha...no I'm fine" "well...I still have your big band-aids if you need em!" "ha ha, ok I might be back later" =P It was funny.

But yeah...so I get my board, then I drive over and pick up Kaleb from his house, and we headed up to the park. By the way...Kaleb has a sweet new skateboard called a free board, and it's just like snowboarding on pavement, it's awesome! But that's another story. =P So yeah we get up there, and I'm actually surprised at how well I do! It's like I haven't gotten any worse over the three months that I didn't skate. So I'm getting excited and having a lot of fun! We even got some cool pictures and video. And here I am taking this kicker ramp on to a platform, when *SNAP* I broke my board again.... "ARGH!" Ha ha! I couldn't belive it. I still can't believe I broke another one. =P So...now I'm stuck...cause I was really excited about skating again, and it has to go and break on me! Now what do I do? Do I save up my money (since I can't afford to buy one now) and pay a pretty penny for a new board? Or do I "grow up" like some people have mentioned *clearing throat* ;) and just forget the whole skateboarding thing?? I don't know. Cause I don't know if I want to pay over a hundred dollars AGAIN...but on the other hand, I really enjoy skateboarding! *sigh* Dilema...Maybe I'll just start a "Paul needs a new board fund" you can all send your free-will donation of just 5 dollars to a good cause! ha ha! No I'm kidding! I would never do that. =P Do you think I'm a beggar!? Maybe I'll just find a nice street corner to go play my guitar and sing, throw my case open and hope that people will throw in some change! Ha....no I don't know what to do yet. We'll see I guess.

Anyways that's all I've got for now. See ya!

Pauly

7 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah Doran said...

Oh bummer! Again! Man, what luck. I vote for sitting on a street corner and playing your guitar. :) I would put money in.

Hey, I put some pictures on my blog for you. The rest are on RINGO. All you have to do is sign up. Don't even have to put any pictures on it. If you apen an account then you can look at eveyone pictures.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Rebekah Doran said...

BTW, grow up? Grow up?! Who needs to grow up, that's far too over rated! hee hee hee

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I say save up money and buy a new board. Don't give up skating. You have a passion for it.!!!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Rebekah Doran said...

Did you get to look at the ones on Ringo?

9:22 AM  
Blogger Pauly said...

no I haven't seen the ones on ringo yet.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Pauly said...

Ok, I finally saw the pictures on ringo! lol =P

10:46 AM  
Blogger Rebekah Doran said...

I'm glad that you joined. :)

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home